This is my attempt to open up. If I can put this all out there in writing and simply be me then maybe I can make possitive, long lasting changes.
I am blessed with a very loving husband, two beautiful little boys, and a supportive family. As am sure is true of most everyone, I am trying to be better. A better wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, person....etc.
My boys are growing so quickly. The baby just turned 1, and as a family we headed to the beach to celebrate. This picture really upset me.
It looked bad enough but then I see that my husband uploaded it to fb. I was so upset. And all I could think was how relieved I was that I had not taken my shirt off.
When we returned home there was this sense of renewed optimism in me that things could be better. That I could be healthier, which would lead to being thinner.
Those boys are going to need me to be around for them for a long time. It is my responsibility to make sure that I am healthy for them. That we all are.
So with renewed purpose I am trying to do better...I am excited to see where this journey takes me.
As of 3/3 I have been on a low carb induction to try to increase my metabolism. I am using the Atkins model. I have used it before in my 20's and lost 80lbs, so I am confident that it will help me get started.
My initial weigh-in following vacation was 217. Today was 211.4. I am not hungry just feel unsatisfied at times. I have been off all fried food since Ash Wednesday. I won't even fry an egg. This I believe is a very important step for me. I also love using the My Fitness Pall app .
So here it is, and here I am nothing hidden, no excuses.

No comments:
Post a Comment