Monday, April 8, 2013

Little Red


This is my son Lucas. He has just turned 1. He is precious, loving, energetic, courageous, smart, and he makes me question my mothering skills daily.
He has no fear: jumps off the high chair, climbs out of the walker, climbs the stairs, pushes his toys to the couch so he can climb up...all of this and has decided he has no need for walking.
Shopping carts pose a particular danger as he manages to get out of every lap belt I have every put on him.
"No" means nothing to him. Raised voice has no effect. Tap on the hand (when he was trying to put his fingers in the electrical socket after having removed the safety plug) went unnoticed. At this point
Every time I think I have this sweet boy figured out, he changes the rules on me.
I am beginning to wonder if there isn't something to the notion that red haired children are WILD!
It's the end of the day. I am exhausted, and thankful that he is fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment